domingo, 25 de noviembre de 2012

"L" for Conifers

In this case I designed a clump for conifers, a kind of plants that I like so much because of the great variety of colors and textures they have. A wide range that allows you to play with a lot of different designs and to give free rein to our imagination and creativity.

I made the edge of the clump with railroad ties, which provides durability, resistance and needs little maintenance (sometimes the railroad ties must be spread with some kind of moisturizing oil)
With the railroad ties I draw an L in the garden, later I get out all the grass layer and add some peat moss to improve the land of the clump. Then, I put an anti grass mesh for saving future grass cleaning works for the clump.

To make the clump more beautiful and to prevent evaporation looses, I placed a big rock and different kinds of decorative grains drawing different figures.

When choosing the plants, I kept in mind their adult sizes, their colors and their forms. The list of the plants I used is the next:

- Chamaecyparis pisifera “Boulevard”
- Chamaecyparis pisifera “Sungold”
- Cryptomeria japonica “Elegans”
- Cupresus macrocarpa “Goldcrest”
- Juniperus x media “Mint Julep”
- Juniperis procumbens “Nana”
- Juniperus scopulorum “Skyrocket”
- Picea Glauca “Conica”
- Thuja occidentalis “Danica”
- Thuja orientalis “Aurea Nana”




November 2012

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario